DataNucleus Access Platform 1.0 M3 Released
July 6th 2008- DataNucleus Access Platform 1.0 ("Faraday") Milestone 3 is released.
DataNucleus Access Platform provides persistence and retrieval of Java objects to/from
a wide range of datastores including RDBMS, db4o, LDAP, XML, Excel, NeoDatis ODB, and JSON.
Version 1.0 Milestone 3 includes the following changes
- Rewritten Level 2 caching, allowing full control over which classes are cached
and which fields of which classes are cached. Fixed bugs relating to deleted objects
previously being cached, and caching of SCO fields
- Rewritten JPQL compiler for use by all datastores.
- Addition of an in-memory JPQL evaluator, supporting basic JPQL syntax so far.
- Support for JDO2.2 "ReadOnly"
- Change in-memory evaluation of JDOQL/JPQL queries to allow evaluation of specific
components of the query (rather than the whole query)
- Support for in-memory JDOQL/JPQL evaluation of "/", "%", "<", ">",
"<=", ">=", etc
- Support for in-memory JDOQL evaluation of all common methods (String.matches,
- Bug fix to List.remove(int) when using optimistic transaction
- Bug fix to in-memory JDOQL evaluation of grouping/result clauses
- Support for JPQL querying of db4o datastores
- Support for JPQL querying of NeoDatis ODB datastores
- Support for JPQL querying of XML documents
- Support for JPQL querying of Excel documents
- Support for JPQL querying of LDAP datastores
- Support for JPQL querying of JSON datastores
- Removed original JDOQL querying for db4o - now replaced by generic process, with inbuilt
support for more JDOQL syntax.
- Support for persistence of wider range of Object types to Excel datastores, using new
generic "String-based" persistence
- Optimisation of location of an object in Excel datastores resulting in reduced
- Support for connection-pooling of LDAP connections (contrib Stefan Seelmann)
- Support for JDOQL querying of NeoDatis ODB datastores
- Support for multiple levels of "xpath" on XML datastores
- Bug fix to GROUP BY on RDBMS datastores when the query has multiple components of a UNION
- Bug fix on RDBMS datastores to re-enable creation of constraints
- Bug fix on RDBMS datastores when using subclass-table inheritance and single subclass
This release is downloadable under an Apache 2 license from the
DataNucleus community site.