DataNucleus Access Platform 1.0 M4 Released
Auguest 4th 2008- DataNucleus Access Platform 1.0 ("Faraday") Milestone 4 is released.
DataNucleus Access Platform provides persistence and retrieval of Java objects to/from
a wide range of datastores including RDBMS, db4o, LDAP, XML, Excel, NeoDatis ODB, and JSON.
Version 1.0 Milestone 4 includes the following changes
- Upgrade to JDO 2.2 (snapshot), NeoDatis 1.9-beta-3, Apache POI 3.1
- Added cache for compiled queries for XML, db4o, Excel, NeoDatis, JSON and LDAP
- Added support for NeoDatis embedded server
- Added full support for JPQL query compilation using generic compiler
- Added support for in-memory JPQL query evaluation of all spec required functions.
- Added support for in-memory JDOQL query evaluation of all spec required methods, with
the exception of Collection.contains, Map.containsKey, Map.containsValue, Map.get
- Support for JDO2.2 @Cacheable allowing control over classes/fields to be cached
- Added pluggable support for generic query methods/functions
- Added support for use of implicit/explicit parameters with generic JDOQL/JPQL
- Added support for use of DISTINCT with generic JDOQL/JPQL
- Expanded the support for in-memory evaluation of aggregates to cater for all types of
- Bug fix to runtime bytecode enhancement allowing its use with annotated classes, and
added optimisation to specify the packages to be runtime enhanced providing big speedups
- Fixes to allow complete use of Access Platform in a java security environment
- Support for JPA2 @ElementCollection/@CollectionTable
- Support for performing db4o/NeoDatis JDOQL/JPQL queries totally in-memory where required
- Bug fix to allow use of RDBMS datastores that store in lowercase without the need to
provide a persistence property to specify this
- Bug fix to RDBMS persistence of complicated hierarchy with container+inheritance
and multiple relations between container and element, avoiding FK violation
- Bug fix to L2 caching for multithreaded operations
This release is downloadable under an Apache 2 license from the
DataNucleus community site.