DataNucleus Access Platform 1.1.4 Released
June 17th 2009- DataNucleus Access Platform 1.1.4 ("Rutherford") is released.
DataNucleus Access Platform provides persistence and retrieval of Java objects to/from
a wide range of datastores including RDBMS, db4o, LDAP, XML, Excel, ODF and BigTable.
Version 1.1.4 includes the following changes over 1.1.3
- Make the query cache pluggable, allowing use of external caching products
- Add support for use of Memcache, javax.cache, and EHCache for the query cache
- Addition of upfront checks on whether the datastore supports particular features
so allowing quick fail
- Bug fix to datastores which don't provide non-transactional connections
- Simplification of specification of L2 caching, for consistency with L1 cache and
- Improvement to classloading for RDBMS "requests" for use in OSGi containers
- Change JPA default for discriminator value to use "class name" when no value specified.
- Improvements to fallback process for persisting a type as a String
- Add control over cascade delete of map keys, and minor change in default
- Bug fix to JPQL "LOWER"/"UPPER" compilation
- Bug fix to List.set() methods when using cascade delete
- Respect JPA "fetch" setting on 1-1 relations
- Support JPA "columnDefinition" in a minimalistic way
- RDBMS : Change fetch process to allow fetching of related (1-1, N-1) objects in same SQL
- RDBSM : Change to Oracle BLOB/CLOB handling to use new SQL API instead of legacy code.
- XML : Bug fix to addition of elements to collection of persistent object
- LDAP : Bug fix to JNDI connection pooling
- LDAP : Support for persisting embedded elements as child entries
- LDAP : Support for inheritance in relationships
This release is downloadable under an Apache 2 license from the
DataNucleus community site.