DataNucleus Access Platform 1.1 M2 Released
Oct 31st 2008- DataNucleus Access Platform 1.1 ("Rutherford") Milestone 2 is released.
DataNucleus Access Platform provides persistence and retrieval of Java objects to/from
a wide range of datastores including RDBMS, db4o, LDAP, XML, and Excel.
Version 1.1 Milestone 2 includes the following changes
- Upgrade to ASM 3.1
- Upgrade to db4o 7.4 java5
- Upgrade to JDO2.2 final
- Provide an API for datastore replication for JDO and JPA
- Improvements to L2 caching to fix problems with objects being garbage collected and returning
old version of objects
- Fixes to how fields are marked as loaded
- Fix to handling of collections with non-RDBMS datastores so they aren't treated as serialised
- Improvement to detach flag DETACH_UNLOAD_FIELDS to also remove the values from the object
- Fix SQL syntax for non-ANSI joins (e.g Oracle 8i)
- Remove support for NucleusSQL for RDBMS datastores
- Support for sequences with H2 datastore
- Extend RDBMS "update lock" to also apply to object existence check
- Fix to handling of URLs with DB4O plugin
- Fix to JPA handling of PostLoad callbacks
- Fix to LDAP plugin so that the existence check doesnt retrieve any attributes
- Fix to handling of XMLIdRef annotation with XML plugin
This release is downloadable under an Apache 2 license from the
DataNucleus community site.