DataNucleus Access Platform 1.1.0 Released
Feb 23rd 2009- DataNucleus Access Platform 1.1.0 ("Rutherford") is released.
DataNucleus Access Platform provides persistence and retrieval of Java objects to/from
a wide range of datastores including RDBMS, db4o, LDAP, XML, and Excel.
Version 1.1 includes the following changes over 1.1 M4
- Add support for JDK1.6+ enhancement during the compilation.
- Add support for persistence to Open Document Format (ODF) spreadsheets.
Version 1.1 includes the following over 1.0
- Requires JDK1.5+
- Support for in-memory evaluation of JDOQL/JPQL subqueries
- Support for JDO2 PersistenceManager proxy
- Support for JDO2.3 Metadata API
- Support for JDO2.3 Enhancer API
- Support for JDO2.3 query timeout/cancel API
- Support for JDO2.2 transaction isolation control
- JPA2 preview support for datastore cache, @OrderColumn, standardised properties, and various
new query methods
- RDBMS : rewrite of locate, fetch and some select SQL using a new SQL API
- RDBMS : start of an alternative JDOQL implementation using a new SQL API
- RDBMS : Support for persistence of interface fields into a single column
- ODF : Support for persistence/querying of OpenDocument format spreadsheets
- XML : Added support for 1-1, 1-N, M-N relations
- XML : Added many improvements in configurability
- LDAP : Support for various new mapping configurations.
- LDAP : Support for native querying
- Support for enhancement as part of the compilation process (JDK1.6+)
- Dropped support for NucleusSQL query language
- Dropped support for BCEL enhancer
This release is downloadable under an Apache 2 license from the
DataNucleus community site.