DataNucleus Access Platform 2.0 M2 Released
September 11th 2009- DataNucleus Access Platform 2.0 ("Bohr") Milestone 2 is released.
DataNucleus Access Platform provides persistence and retrieval of Java objects to/from
a wide range of datastores including RDBMS, db4o, LDAP, XML, and Excel.
Version 2.0 Milestone 2 includes the following changes
- Addition of control over the Locale used for logging messages
- Add support for "embedded='true'" to mean embed the field - so the user doesn't have to
specify the 'embedded' element also
- Bug fix to handling of embedded collections
- Fix to generic query compilation for words starting "new"
- Fix to JDOQL compilation of subquery FROM clause
- Fix to the attach of nested embedded objects
- Improvements to the query results cache to allow pinning/unpinning and to not validate
- Fix to JTA handling introduced in M1 release
- Add support for "detachAllOnRollback"
- Removal of unnecessary flush on 1-1 relation
- Bug fix to usage when invoked path has "+" symbol
- Addition of plugin for persistence of primary JodaTime types, and simple querying for RDBMS
- Cache : Support for pinning/unpinning of query results with Memcache/javax.cache
- Enhancer : Bug fix to return code from enhancer when run from command line
- JPA : Support for JPA "extended persistence context"
- JPA : Fix to use of @EmbeddedId in extended persistence context
- JPA : Support for optional attribute of @ManyToOne
- LDAP : Support for persistence of recursive object graph to hierarchical structure
- RDBMS : Addition of support for persistence to Oracle TimesTen datastore (Anton Troshin)
- RDBMS : JDOQL2 support for "SELECT this" queries, and DISTINCT
- RDBMS : JDOQL2 support for temporal queries
- RDBMS : JDOQL2 support for subqueries
- RDBMS : JPQL2 support for subqueries
- RDBMS : JPQL2 support for bulk update/delete by query
- RDBMS : SQL API fixes to cater for composite PKs and ordering of expressions
- RDBMS : Improvements to choice of whether to use UNION or discriminator for inheritance
- RDBMS : Some fixes to handling of temporal types to add more flexibility
This release is downloadable under an Apache 2 license from the
DataNucleus community site.