DataNucleus Access Platform 2.0 M4 Released
December 7th 2009- DataNucleus Access Platform 2.0 ("Bohr") Milestone 4 is released.
DataNucleus Access Platform provides persistence and retrieval of Java objects to/from
a wide range of datastores including RDBMS, db4o, LDAP, XML, and Excel.
Version 2.0 Milestone 4 includes the following changes
- Require use of a JPA2 jar when used for JPA persistence
- Change handling of JDO @PrimaryKey to not require @Persistent for non-default persistent fields
- Change generic compilation of subqueries, particularly for JPQL, to allow for multi-level
- Change generic compilation of JPQL "LOCATE" to handle multi-level primary expressions
- Fix to JDO PersistenceManagerProxy for named queries (typo)
- Provide framework for bulk object retrieval (available to datastore-specific plugins)
- Fix handling of query parameters to allow for use of parameters in subqueries
- Respect "RetainValues" setting for objects that are deleted (so field values can be retained
after the transaction commits, and the object is deleted).
- Add support for PMF/EMF singleton pattern, via persistence property
- Add support for case-insensitive persistence properties (previously all were case sensitive)
- JPA2 : Support for "Metamodel" API
- JPA2 : Support for TypedQuery
- JPA2 : Support for Bean Validation
- JPA : Fix to runtime enhancer
- Enhancer : add ability to turn on/off capabilities
- Enhancer : add ability to generate PK classes (including composite)
- Enhancer : add ability to turn off generation of default constructor
- Enhancer : add short form of "persistenceUnit" argument
- RDBMS : Change to use "JPQL2" implementation by default since it passes the JPA1 TCK
- RDBMS : Fix to JDOQL2/JPQL2 for case where multiple classes share a table and use a discriminator
- RDBMS : Support for embedded fields in JDOQL2/JPQL2
- RDBMS : Query range not working for Oracle now fixed
- RDBMS : Fix to FROM join in JPQL2 for second and subsequent joins
- RDBMS : Add support to JPQL2 for subquery FROM clauses with multiple joins
- RDBMS : Fix support in JPQL2 for "COUNT (DISTINCT ...)"
- RDBMS : Support for JPA2 "TYPE" in JPQL2 implementation
- RDBMS : Support for "StringExpression == EnumLiteral" in JDOQL2/JPQL2
- RDBMS : Change to "persistenceUnit" option of SchemaTool to allow short form
- RDBMS : Fix for read of null BLOB with Oracle
- Spatial : fix to M2 dependencies to make some optional
- HBase : add security handling to cater for issues in HBase itself
- Maven2 plugin : Support for enhancement generating PKs, and turn on/off default constructor
This release is downloadable under an Apache 2 license from the
DataNucleus community site.