DataNucleus Access Platform 2.0.0 Released
Jan 9th 2010- DataNucleus Access Platform 2.0.0 ("Bohr") is released.
DataNucleus Access Platform provides persistence and retrieval of Java objects to/from
a wide range of datastores including RDBMS, db4o, LDAP, XML, and Excel.
Version 2.0 includes the following changes over 2.0 M4
- Align to recent changes in JDO2.3 timeout API
- Fix to Spatial handling of JTS types
- Support for many spatial methods with the rewritten RDBMS JDOQL/JPQL query mechanism
Version 2.0 includes the following over 1.1
- Addition of plugin for persistence to HBase (HADOOP) datastores
- Support for persistence to Amazon S3 datastores
- Support for persistence to Oracle Timesten datastores
- Addition of plugin for persistence of JodaTime types
- Change default for non-transactional read/write to true for JDO
- Support atomic non-transactional write persist/delete operations
- Level 2 Cache is now enabled by default (soft)
- Cache : Support for pinning/unpinning of query results with Memcache/javax.cache
- Split query cache into 3 components : generic compilation, datastore compilation
and query results. Added API for managing caching of query results (using JDO or JPA).
- Enhancer : add ability to generate PK classes (including composite)
- JDO : Support for JDO 2.3 Query cancel, and datastore read/write timeout
- JPA : Support for extended persistence context
- JPA2 : Support for metamodel API
- JPA2 : Support for bean validation API
- JPA2 : Support for various JPQL keywords
- JPA2 : Support for 1-N FK bidirectional relations
- JPA2 : Support for 1-N collection/map of non-persistable objects.
- JPA2 : Support for TypedQuery
- RDBMS : Support for update/delete-by-query for JPQL
- RDBMS : Rewritten JPQL implementation building on generic query compiler.
This is now the default JPQL implementation for RDBMS, and can be used with the query caching
- RDBMS : Rewritten JDOQL implementation building on generic query compiler.
This is not currently the default JDOQL implementation but is available to be used, and can be
used with the query caching mechanism.
- LDAP : Support for persistence of recursive object graph to hierarchical structure
- Add support for PMF/EMF singleton pattern, via persistence property
- Spatial : Many fixes to handling of JTS types.
- Many bug fixes, and minor feature additions.
This release is downloadable under an Apache 2 license from the
DataNucleus community site.