DataNucleus Access Platform 2.2 M1 Released
July 15th 2010- DataNucleus Access Platform 2.2 ("Geiger") Milestone 1 is released.
DataNucleus Access Platform provides persistence and retrieval of Java objects to/from
a wide range of datastores including RDBMS, db4o, LDAP, XML, and Excel.
Version 2.2 Milestone 1 includes the following changes
- Add support for more generalised column "position" via metadata - likely in JDO3.1
- Add support for 36-character UUID string generator
- Improved type safety for queued operations on SCO classes
- Drop legacy query expressions for "mapped" datastores - use 2.0 if you still require this
- RDBMS : Drop legacy JDOQL implementation - use 2.0 if you still require this
- RDBMS : Support for fetching just a FK when the FK is in the candidate query class (avoiding
adding a join - performance)
- RDBMS : Fix for Oracle NLS
- RDBMS : Fix to SchemaTool for sequence creation
- Fix to EHCache evict() handling
- JPA : Criteria Query - Fix to handle fields of superclass
- JPA : Criteria Query - Fix to not require candidate alias
- Upgrade provided DBCP dependency to latest
This release is downloadable under an Apache 2 license from the
DataNucleus community site.