DataNucleus Access Platform 2.2 M2 Released
October 20th 2010- DataNucleus Access Platform 2.2 ("Geiger") Milestone 2 is released.
DataNucleus Access Platform provides persistence and retrieval of Java objects to/from
a wide range of datastores including RDBMS, db4o, LDAP, XML, and Excel.
Version 2.2 Milestone 2 includes the following changes
- Complete support for JDO3.1 column positioning
- Improved merge of metadata information when sequence or cascade info specified in annotations
- Ability to retain the datastore connection for non-transactional operations
- Fix to a few concurrency bugs around commit/rollback and read/write of objects fields
- Ability to specify a separate connection pool for non-transactional connections
- JDOQL : Allow use of method invocation in grouping statements
- Upgrade to NucleusJDOHelper dirty/loaded methods
- Fix clean up of dynamic fetch groups when closing query/extent/pm
- Fix to metadata requirement for map with embedded key/value so <embedded> is not needed
when the key/value is marked as embedded-only
- Fix to PMF startup process so that persistence properties are registered before enablement
of some services
- Fix to output from pm.getObjectsById(emptyCollection);
- Improve type handling/comparison capabilities of in-memory query evaluator.
- Basic support for JDO3.1 sequence allocation size and initial value
- getObjectById/find : Ability to not validate objects obtained from L2 cache
- RDBMS : change handling of range when not possible in datastore, now handled in the query result
rather than loading all rows into memory first.
- RDBMS : re-enable connection provider plugin point (failover)
- RDBMS : several minor changes to types available for IBM DB2
- RDBMS : fix to validation of candidate keys, that prevented creation of some unique keys under
- RDBMS : fix to List.get() when used in result clause of JDOQL query
- RDBMS : fix to maps of embedded keys/values where key part of value (or vice-versa)
- RDBMS : fix to retrieval of existing indices on Oracle for some table names
- RDBMS : fix to SQL queries in a J2EE environment
- RDBMS : fix to order of creation of tables with SchemaTool
- RDBMS : some fixes to use of "allowNulls" on collections/arrays - typo
- JPA : fix to case where sequence name not set
- JPA : fix to EM.getReference to not validate the object
- JPA : fix to use of @Enumerated with @Column
- Enhancer : fix to runtime enhancement, class loading problem
- Enhancer : fix to error message of override of invalid field
- Cache : add option to allow retention of cached objects after close of PMF/EMF, for the case
where used by other instances
- LDAP : Remove dependency to "shared-ldap"
This release is downloadable under an Apache 2 license from the
DataNucleus community site.