DataNucleus Access Platform 2.2 M3 Released
November 13th 2010- DataNucleus Access Platform 2.2 ("Geiger") Milestone 3 is released.
DataNucleus Access Platform provides persistence and retrieval of Java objects to/from
a wide range of datastores including RDBMS, db4o, LDAP, XML, and Excel.
Version 2.2 Milestone 3 includes the following changes
- Fix various SCO container classes with respect to adding a null element.
- Set default for "allow-nulls" on SCO containers based on the Java type behaviour
- Drop "attachPolicy" and provide complete attachment in default scenario
- Providing mechanism for per-object locking
- Couple of fixes to result handling in in-memory query evaluator
- JDO : Support JDO3.1 PMF.getManagedClasses()
- JDO : Support for
typesafe queries for JDO
using a QueryDSL-like fluent API
- JDO : More improvements to helpers on NucleusJDOHelper
- JPA : Outline implementation of JPA2 lock methods
- JPA : Support use of @PrimaryKeyJoinColumn for 1-1s
- RDBMS : Allow column reuse for multiple fields of a class
- RDBMS : Fix to use of subclass-table with 1-1 bidirectional relations
- RDBMS : Fix to use of lengths with BLOB/CLOB on MySQL
- RDBMS : Support for querying of (persistent) interfaces
- RDBMS : Fixes to handling of "allow-nulls" on arrays with join table
- RDBMS : Add support for LONGVARCHAR with HSQLDB 2.0
- RDBMS : Add query extension for controlling the join type of variable in JDOQL (1-1 only)
- RDBMS : Add support for persisting maps with null values
- RDBMS : Fix to JDOQL Collection.contains() on candidate collection when invalid element type
- RDBMS : Fix to index/FK creation on Derby to avoid warning messages
This release is downloadable under an Apache 2 license from the
DataNucleus community site.