DataNucleus Access Platform 3.0.3 Released
Nov 5th 2011- DataNucleus Access Platform 3.0.3 ("Newton") is released.
DataNucleus Access Platform provides persistence and retrieval of Java objects to/from
a wide range of datastores including RDBMS, db4o, LDAP, XML, and Excel.
Version 3.0.3 includes the following changes over 3.0.2
- Rewrite of significant parts of the L2 cache to now store a map of field values rather than a
detached persistable object. This means no locking is needed.
- Fix to metadata identification of some Object and interface field relation types
- Fix to query result cache evict-by-class process
- Fix to generic compilation of implicit query parameters when repeated in the query
- Change ObjectStringConverter/ObjectLongConverter to use generics for type safety
- OSGi : Add export version to many MANIFEST entries
- JDO : Add support for use of javax.validation
- JDO : Respect persistence-unit "validation-mode" setting
- JPA : Respect persistence-unit "validation-mode" setting
- JPA : Add DataNucleus variant of orm.xsd so we can add on vendor specifics
- Cache : Fix to use of Memcached caches so they can handle all "identity" types
- Cache : Support Cacheonix as a query result cache
- RDBMS : Fix to PostgreSQL ESCAPE syntax support
- RDBMS : Fix to JDOQL "equalsIgnoreCase" handling
- RDBMS : Fix to query serializeRead to only apply it when in a transaction
- MongoDB : Support multitenancy via discriminator
- MongoDB : Only evaluate query filter in-memory if not done completely in-datastore
This release is downloadable under an Apache 2 license from the
DataNucleus community site.