DataNucleus Access Platform 3.0.4 Released
Dec 10th 2011- DataNucleus Access Platform 3.0.4 ("Newton") is released.
DataNucleus Access Platform provides persistence and retrieval of Java objects to/from
a wide range of datastores including RDBMS, db4o, LDAP, XML, and Excel.
Version 3.0.4 includes the following changes over 3.0.3
- AccessPlatform : drop support for ZIP distributions for db4o and NeoDatis datastores
- AccessPlatform : add Maven POM artifacts for main AccessPlatform combinations (JDO-RDBMS, JPA-RDBMS, etc)
- Add ability to turn off Metadata support for XML or annotations, for performance
- Parameterise all persistence property names for easy referencing
- Split support for java.awt geometry types into a separate plugin, and complete support for persisting in String form
- Improve startup process so that NucleusContext, PluginManager are more modular, and so that
JPA doesn't create multiple working contexts
- SchemaTool : improvement to class resolution process when not forking the JVM process
- Support for Atomikos transaction manager (Matthew Adams)
- Support batching of L2 cache updates
- Support L2 cache "mode" to determine which classes are cacheable (JPA "sharedCache.Mode")
- RDBMS : Improvement to handling of result classes when single column selected
- RDBMS : Support for embedded inherited objects (likely part of JDO3.1/3.2)
- MongoDB : fix to handling of bidirectional relations when using IDENTITY strategy
- HBase : fix problem in table management
- Cache : support for javax.cache v0.3+ (in datanucleus-cache v3.1.0, while support for the earlier
version is in datanucleus-cache v3.0)
- Eclipse : update to the plugin to move API to general preferences and drop the enhancer "type"
since it was not being used
This release is downloadable under an Apache 2 license from the
DataNucleus community site.