DataNucleus Access Platform 3.0 M3 Released
April 2nd 2011- DataNucleus Access Platform 3.0 ("Newton") Milestone 3 is released.
DataNucleus Access Platform provides persistence and retrieval of Java objects to/from
a wide range of datastores including relational, web-based, map-based, and documents.
Version 3.0 Milestone 3 includes the following changes
- JDO : Support for JDO 3.1 PersistenceManager property methods.
- JDO : Support bulk update/delete via typesafe API (extension)
- JPA : Support <association-override>
- JPA : Support <discriminator-column> "length"
- JPA : Support EMF singleton pattern
- JPA : Bug fixes to @CollectionTable, <inheritance>, and user specification of
detachXXX persistence properties
- OSGi : add optional import of log4j
- Bug fix so that calls to PC.setXXX for SCO field immediately wraps the field and so can detect
- Various changes to default values for persistence properties to better suit all supported
- Fixes to 300+ possible errors shown up by "FindBugs"
- Improvements to nontransactional persistence process
- Fixes for JDOQL/JPQL querying with subqueries to correctly cache the compilation, and to cater
for nested subqueries
- Fixes to persistence of nested embedded fields to be independent of ordering
- Support for "optimised flush" process, particularly for datastores that don't support
referential integrity (so we can do bulk inserts, bulk deletes etc)
- Support for detachAllOnCommit, pbrAtCommit, serializeRead to be specifiable during
the lifecycle of a PM/EM
- Rewrite Query execution process to not use a separate thread
- SchemaTool : ability to just generate tables, or just generate constraints
- Cache : support for xmemcached
- Cache : support for latest versions of EHCache
- ODF : Upgrade to ODFDOM 0.8.7
- RDBMS : Enable prepared statement caching, and fix related issue for C3P0
- RDBMS : Updates to JPQL to support joins relative to joined tables
- RDBMS : Checks for List.set when using ordered list
- RDBMS : Fix to table generator to use the initial-value
- RDBMS : Fix to use of parameters in query ORDER BY clause
- HBase : support optimised delete of obejcts
- HBase : support persistence of primitives as raw bytes
- MongoDB : support optimised insert of objects
- Enhancer : ability to turn off all System.out
This release is downloadable under an Apache 2 license from the
DataNucleus community site.