DataNucleus Access Platform 3.0 M6 Released
July 10th 2011- DataNucleus Access Platform 3.0 ("Newton") Milestone 6 is released.
DataNucleus Access Platform provides persistence and retrieval of Java objects to/from
a wide range of datastores including relational, web-based, map-based, and documents.
Version 3.0 Milestone 6 includes the following changes
- Added the ability to persist transient objects as a way of updating existing persistent objects
(application identity only).
- Added persistence property for control over what is detached (for APIs without fetch groups)
- Fix to delete of a detached object
- Fix to SortedSet use of comparator in detaching
- Evict entries from the query cache when objects of the candidate type are updated/deleted/persisted
- Fix to use of Collection.add so that it checks on contains() before performing any action
- Change to make non-transactional operations as not "queued"
- Allow "detach-on-close" to be run non-transactional
- Add support for object identity translators for the key value
- Enhancer : add support for custom detach field access behaviour
- JPA : Add support for JPA2.1 EMF.unwrap, Cache.unwrap
- JPA : Set "RetainValues" to default to true for cleaner user feedback
- JPA : Various fixes around metamodel methods, and exception handling
- REST : Fix to respect "persistence-unit" definition like it did in v2
- RDBMS : Initial support for SQLite
- RDBMS : Fully implements JDOQL String.startsWith(str, int) for Derby, MSSQL
- RDBMS : Fix Derby handling of composite indexes
- RDBMS : Fix to make use of connection pool properties
- MongoDB : Fix to use of IDENTITY fields
- MongoDB : Fix to authentication handling
- Many other bug fixes and clean ups
This release is downloadable under an Apache 2 license from the
DataNucleus community site.