DataNucleus Access Platform 3.0.0 Released
Aug 1st 2011- DataNucleus Access Platform 3.0.0 ("Newton") is released.
DataNucleus Access Platform provides persistence and retrieval of Java objects to/from
a wide range of datastores including RDBMS, db4o, LDAP, XML, and Excel.
Version 3.0.0 Release includes the following changes over 3.0 M6
- JDO : Add ability to hook into transaction events via listener
- JPA : Fix problem with DetachAllOnRollback not being set
- JPA : Fix fetch flag observance when read from XML
- JPA : Fix problem with singleton EMF pattern
- Major changes to java type management to support specification of generics by configuration, and
to give major speed up in type information access
- Move SCO container backing store implementations into RDBMS plugin
- Fix use of version metadata with respect to inheritance of classes, affecting various store plugins
- Fix problems with non-transactional "commit" and pm/em close process to discard objects that
don't need any processing
- Fix all operations that involve schema updates to respect the "autoCreate" flags (so they now
can correctly prevent any schema changes)
- Fix to queries using result class, to prevent NPE when selecting candidate and defining result class
- MongoDB : fix to use of IDENTITY for datastore id
- MongoDB : fix to querying with inheritance
- MongoDB : added extra handling of MongoDB numeric types
- Maven : fix to setting of the CLASSPATH in some situations
Version 3.0 includes the following major changes over 2.2
- JDO, JPA, REST APIs split out into separate plugins with JPA no longer piggybacking on JDO.
- Major restructring to provide initial support for Data Federation
- Ability to specify classes as "read-only"
- Major changes with non-transactional operations, providing atomic persistence/delete
- SchemaTool : added support for ODF, Excel, MongoDB, HBase
- MongoDB : New plugin for MongoDB document store, providing quite complete feature set
- HBase : Much enhanced support for HBase map store
- RDBMS : Added support for SQLite
- ODF : support added for embedded fields, maps, value generation, query of interfaces
- Excel : support added for maps, value generation, query of interfaces
- NeoDatis : support for unique constraints
- Cache : added support for Xmemcached, and enhanced support for EHCache
- JDO : Support for "complete-table"
- JDO : Support for bulk update/delete via typesafe API
- JPA : support for singleton EMF pattern
- JPA : support for merge of transient object when it has identity fields mapping to persistent object
- Now works with JBoss 6+
- Many bug fixes, and minor feature additions.
This release is downloadable under an Apache 2 license from the
DataNucleus community site.