DataNucleus Access Platform 3.1 M2 Released
April 6th 2012- DataNucleus Access Platform 3.1 ("Kepler") Milestone 2 is released.
DataNucleus Access Platform provides persistence and retrieval of Java objects to/from
a wide range of datastores including relational, web-based, map-based, and documents.
Version 3.1 Milestone 2 includes the following changes
- Merge "store.rdbms.xmltypeoracle" plugin into DataNucleus "store.rdbms" jar
- Merge "management" plugin into DataNucleus "core" jar
- Add Statistics API for persistence, adding on number of reads/writes etc to what JMX already provided.
Supported by RDBMS, MongoDB, HBase, Excel, ODF, JSON, LDAP, NeoDatis plugins
- Change Set proxy to not do clear+addAll on an update
- Fix bug in removeAll() method of Set proxies
- Fix to persist of 1-N uni FK Lists to not to update the FK even though already set (less SQL calls)
- Fix to delete of N side of a 1-N bidir catering for relation not loaded
- JPA : fix to javax.persistence.XXXDataSource persistence properties
- Cache : move support for latest version of javax.cache into "core". Old version of javax.cache is
now in the "cache" plugin as "jcache".
- Provide helper method to do ordering of candidates based on a JPA style ordering clause, usable
by all non-RDBMS store plugins
- Remove old ObjectXXXConverter code now that we are using TypeConverter API
- RDBMS : Fix to Oracle Range handling to cater for related class with same named fields
- RDBMS : Support for NCHAR/NVARCHAR jdbc types (MSSQL)
- RDBMS : Support inheritance check on input identity for abstract base class where we have
multiple possible subclasses
- MongoDB : support for using query input parameters in the datastore evaluation (Chris Rued)
- MongoDB : support for query COUNT in the datastore (Chris Rued)
- MongoDB : Fix to version field update process
- MongoDB : Support for enum persisted as numeric
- MongoDB : Support for inherited embedded objects
- MongoDB : Support for inheritance determination using pm.getObjectById/em.find
- Excel : Support for enum persisted as numeric
- Excel : Fix to version field update process
- ODF : Support for enum persisted as numeric
- ODF : Fix to version field update process
- HBase : Support for enum persisted as numeric
- HBase : Fix to version field update process
- JSON : Fix to version field update process
- Various minor bug fixes and improvements
This release is downloadable under an Apache 2 license from the
DataNucleus community site.