DataNucleus Access Platform 3.1 M5 Released
July 8th 2012- DataNucleus Access Platform 3.1 ("Kepler") Milestone 5 is released.
DataNucleus Access Platform provides persistence and retrieval of Java objects to/from
a wide range of datastores including relational, web-based, map-based, and documents.
Version 3.1 Milestone 5 includes the following changes
- Drop enhancer extension point since we only provide a single enhancer implementation now
- Make generic query compilation serializable for better portability
- Fix couple of NPEs, in statistics handling for JMX and operation with no L1 cache
- Improvement to processing of annotations to only process fields if the class is @PersistenceCapable
- JPA : Support for @NamedQuery specified on non-Entity classes
- JPA : Fix to EntityManager.joinTransaction to correctly join to the current JTA transaction (and throw exception
if not active)
- JPA : Support override of embedded collection element column names.
- JPA : Fix to handling of query when JTA transaction active
- JDO : Support for @Query specified on non-persistable classes
- JDO : Improvement for typesafe query returning a single aggregate
- RDBMS : update to schema lock process for when schema is being updated (doesn't cater for 100% of cases yet)
- RDBMS : fix to JDOQL/JPQL handling of "=="/"!=" with a parameter where the parameter is a non-persistable
type and is mapped to more than 1 column
- RDBMS : add handling for case where a field has "jdbc-type" and "sql-type" to fallback to the
"jdbc-type" if the "sql-type" is not explicitly supported.
- Jodatime : support for use of Interval start/end in JDOQL (Jasper Siepkes)
- Jodatime : cater for null Jodatime type literals in queries
- AWTGeom : support for use of Point and Rectangle in queries
- Spatial : support for some methods in JDOQL
- Various minor bug fixes and improvements
This release is downloadable under an Apache 2 license from the
DataNucleus community site.