DataNucleus Access Platform 3.2 M2 Released
January 1st 2013- DataNucleus Access Platform 3.2 ("Copernicus") Milestone 2 is released.
DataNucleus Access Platform provides persistence and retrieval of Java objects to/from
a wide range of datastores including relational, web-based, map-based, and documents.
Version 3.2 Milestone 2 includes the following changes
- JDO : ability to mark all classes as detachable, overriding metadata
- JDO : add convenience accessor for "detachedState" of an object
- JDO : provide access to the native query performed by JDOQL
- JPA : add convenience accessor for "detachedState" of an object
- JPA : provide access to the native query performed by JPQL
- JPA : support surrogate version on a class
- JPA : fix to exception throwing when using JTA in a JavaEE environment
- JPA : support for JPA2.1 "Generate Schema" feature
- JPA : improved logix for finding a persistence-unit with a name, and flag duplicate units with the same name
- JPA : default to not add classTransformer in JavaEE environment (so user has to enable it)
- Update to JMX beans definitions for compliance
- Bundle (repackaged) ASM into datanucleus-core for cleaner usage
- Fix missing "PreMainClass" for enhancer so runtime enhancement works
- Moved "mapped datastores" code into RDBMS plugin (from datanucleus-core) since only used there
- Add pooling for ExecutionContext and ObjectProvider objects for performance.
- Fix to persist of N-1 relation with detached owner so we don't get multiple element objects
- Fix to ClassLoaderImpl/MetaDataUtils to preserve ordering whilst removing dups
- RDBMS : fix to use of named parameters in range clause of query
- RDBMS : add statement batching to shifting process for elements in a List
- RDBMS : fix to schema generation when we have "subclass-table" part way down an inheritance tree
- MongoDB : improvement for polymorphic queries to make use of discriminator column and handle
all in single query
- MongoDB : improvement to deletion process to not reload same fields multiple times
- HBase : support for Bloom filters, in-memory and various other options (Nicolas Seyvet)
- Excel : make "poi-ooxml" dependency optional since not needed with XLS
- Various minor bug fixes and improvements
This release is downloadable under an Apache 2 license from the
DataNucleus community site.