DataNucleus Access Platform 3.2 M3 Released
February 1st 2013- DataNucleus Access Platform 3.2 ("Copernicus") Milestone 3 is released.
DataNucleus Access Platform provides persistence and retrieval of Java objects to/from
a wide range of datastores including relational, web-based, map-based, and documents.
Version 3.2 Milestone 3 includes the following changes
- Introduction of a 2-phase flush process for corner cases that discover extra objects to be persisted
during the first phase of flush
- Support for JTA TransactionSynchronizationRegistry
- Support for JTA transactions without auto-join
- Fixes to JTA support for JBoss 7 (Nicolas Seyvet)
- Fix to JDOQL bulk update bug
- Various fixes to integration of Bean Validation
- Support ability to precompile all named queries during PMF/EMF creation
- Improvements to L2 cache update process to only update particular fields
- Fix to XML auto-start mechanism to avoid duplicate entries
- JPA2.1 : support for FROM "ON" clause
- JPA : Support for multi-object usage of EntityManager persist(), merge(), remove() and detach() - vendor extension
- JDO : Move JDO Typesafe classes to "datanucleus-api-jdo" plugin
- RDBMS : Fix to getGeneratedKeys for MySQL (10-15% speed up for some cases)
- RDBMS : Fix to pessimistic locking for SQLServer (Vladimir Konkov)
- RDBMS : Improvements to bulk update to cope with inheritance and multiple tables
- RDBMS : Improvements to bulk delete to cope with inheritance and multiple tables
- RDBMS : Fix to query compilation caching to allow for serialize-read setting (Graham Stewart)
- RDBMS : Support for Virtuoso database (Emmanuel Poitier)
- RDBMS : Bug fix so that any HAVING clause is applied to all UNIONs
- RDBMS : Change DB2 to use UNION ALL instead of UNION
- HBase : fix to use of HTable (Nicolas Seyvet)
- HBase : fix to extensions handling (Nicolas Seyvet)
- Excel : allow connectionURL prefix of "xls" as alias for "excel"
- MongoDB : fix to logger argument to be String
- Various minor bug fixes and improvements
This release is downloadable under an Apache 2 license from the
DataNucleus community site.