DataNucleus Access Platform 3.2.0 Released
March 11th 2013- DataNucleus Access Platform 3.2.0 ("Copernicus") is released.
DataNucleus Access Platform provides persistence and retrieval of Java objects to/from
a wide range of datastores including RDBMS, MongoDB, LDAP, XML, and Excel.
Version 3.2.0 Release includes the following changes over 3.2 M4
- Fix to in-memory evaluation when using a variable that has no possible value
- Move operation queue for SCOs to ExecutionContext so that it can control the whole flush process
- Disable ObjectProvider pooling since it currently causes issues when in a highly multithreaded environment
- Add check on attempted persistence of final fields
- JPA : allow for user overriding a JNDI datasource with a URL-based datasource
- RDBMS : fix to bulk update when setting fields to NULL
- RDBMS : Cater for fields of a type that have a TypeConverter but no Mapping defined, falling
back to the TypeConverter
- Neo4j : Support for bulk delete
- MongoDB : Support for bulk delete
- HBase : Support for bulk delete
Version 3.2 includes the following major changes over 3.1
- The enhancer and ASM are now merged into datanucleus-core
- L2 caching of embedded/serialised fields now defaults to ON
- ExecutionContext objects are now pooled, together with various other improvements for performance
- Enhancer now includes an option to enhance classes as detachable regardless of metadata
- Neo4j : now uses a single connection per PM/EM
- Neo4j : now supports bulk delete
- MongoDB : now uses a single connection per PM/EM
- MongoDB : now supports bulk delete
- HBase : supports various extensions for bloom filters, compression, in-memory etc (Nicolas Seyvet)
- HBase : now supports bulk delete
- RDBMS : support added for the Virtuoso database (Emmanuel Poitier)
- RDBMS : support added for Tomcat connection pool (Marshall Reeske)
- OSGi : improved deployability due to dependency version restrictions
- JPA : validated to work with JBoss 7 (thanks to Nicolas Seyvet and Scott Marlow)
- JPA : access of non-detached field will result in IllegalAccessException instead of the previous
- JPA : support for JPA2.1 FROM "ON" clauses
- JPA : support for bulk usage of persist(), remove(), merge() and detach() (pass in Collection or
array of entities)
- JPA : support for JPA2.1 "Generate Schema" feature
- If a type is supported to be persistent then it defaults to persistent now (no need to mark all
non-standard typed fields as persistent).
- Add ability to disable the L2 cache on a PM/EM-basis where the PMF/EMF has it enabled.
- Cache : provides support for javax.cache v0.61
- Many bug fixes, and minor feature additions.
This release is downloadable under an Apache 2 license from the
DataNucleus community site.