AccessPlatform : What's New in 3.2
DataNucleus AccessPlatform version 3.2 extends the 3.1 capabilities.
Below are some of the new features you can find in DataNucleus AccessPlatform 3.2.
- DataNucleus Enhancer and ASM are now merged into DataNucleus Core
- L2 caching of embedded/serialised fields now defaults to on
- Pooled ExecutionContext and various internal changes to speed up persistence.
- Enhancer : option to enhance all classes as detachable irrespective of metadata
- Neo4j : single connection per PM/EM.
- Neo4j : support for bulk delete
- MongoDB : single connection per PM/EM.
- MongoDB : support for bulk delete
- HBase : various extensions for in-memory, bloom-filters, compression etc (Nicolas Seyvet)
- HBase : support for bulk delete
- RDBMS : support for the Virtuoso database
- RDBMS : support for Tomcat connection pooling (Marshall Reeske)
- Improved OSGi deployability
- JPA : validated to work with JBoss v7 (Nicolas Seyvet, Scott Marlow)
- JPA : access of non-detached field will result in IllegalAccessException instead
of the previous JDO exception
- JPA : support for JPA2.1 FROM "ON" clauses
- JPA : support for bulk usage of persist(), remove(), merge() and detach() (pass in Collection or array of entities)
- JPA : support for JPA2.1 "Generate Schema" feature
- If a type is supported to be persistent then it defaults to persistent now (no need to mark
all non-standard typed fields as persistent).
- Add ability to disable the L2 cache on a PM/EM-basis where the PMF/EMF has it enabled.
- Cache : provides support for javax.cache v0.61